Past Legislative Action - pre-2006
California Legislative Action - State Legislature
2005 - 6 session:
- Gov. Schwarzenegger vetoes industrial hemp bill. (2006)
- Legislature kills bill to change pot possession penalties. (2006)
- Medical marijuana supporters disappointed by Gov. Schwarzenegger's veto of "SB 420 Clean-Up Bill" (Jul 2004).
- Schwarzenegger vetoes bill to prohibit random drug testing of pupils, SB 1386.
- Decrim bill (SB131) killed by Assembly after being amended to increase fine for possession to $250 from $100 while downgrading it from a misdemeanor to an infraction(Aug 2004).
- Gov. Davis signs Sen. Vasconcellos' medical marijuana task force bill (SB 420). Medical marijuana advocates oppose proposed 6-plant guideline, but support other measures in the bill. (Oct 2003)
- Legislature approves medical marijuana resolution (AJR 13) by Assemblyman Mark Leno urging Congress to stop federal war on medical marijuana in California. (2003)
- Legislature passes SB 295 by Sen. Vasconcellos to extend lifetime of California Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research, removing 3-year sunset provision (2003).
- Legislature kills Gov. Davis' "Smoke a Joint Lose Your License" bill.